For our second in the series of Callan's Slender Secrets, Callan talks about the Living Room / Den. You can print the prompt card at the end of the article to keep with you as a reminder.
THE LIVING ROOM / DEN
“Quit whinning about your figure. Put on some comfortable clothes and get to work on your body.”
Just because you are relaxing at the end of the day doesn’t mean you need to become a couch potato. This is, for many of us, the time we are most likely to go off our diets.
Make it easy on yourself: always have healthy snacks around for those times
when the munchies take over and you need to crunch on something besides your fingernails.
• Crunchy/sweet: Cereals (low- or non-fat); anisette toast; ginger snaps; animal crackers (unfrosted); plain meringue cookies.
• Crunchy/salty: Air-popped popcorn; raw vegetables with fresh salsa; pretzels; rice cakes; breadsticks.
• Chewy: Bagels; fig bars; angel food cake; dried fruits.
• Cold: Fruit sorbet; Popsicles; non-fat yogurt (regular or frozen); ice milk, sherbet; fat-free pudding.
• Remember: Moderation; too much of a good thing is still too much!
© Copyright 2014 Callan Productions Corp. www.callanetics.org OFFICIALCallanetics