For the third in our series of Callan's Slender Secrets, Callan talks about the Kitchen. You can print the prompt card at the end of the article to keep with you as a reminder.
“I feel the way to have a healthy body is to do Callanetics to get the body strong and
shapely. Eat right. Drink lots of water. And do cardiovascular exercise, like walking.”
Cut the fat you eat and you’ll cut the fat you carry. Concentrate on high fiber,
low-fat foods such as fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes and other complex
• Instead of cooking fish in oil, choose lemon or lime juice or wine and poach
instead of fry.
• Instead of butter or margarine for basting, choose olive, canola, or safflower
oil for basting (these fats have some beneficial effects on blood cholesterol).
• Instead of fatty sauces such as tartar sauce, melted-butter, or mayonnaise for fish,
choose lemon or lime juice, horseradish, tomato salsa, low-sodium soy sauce
flavored vinegars, or vinaigrette dressings.
• Instead of cold cuts for sandwiches, choose roasted turkey or
• Instead of ground beef in tacos, taco salad, ravioli and lasagne,
choose shredded chicken breast or ground turkey.
© Copyright 2014 Callan Productions Corp. www.callanetics.org OFFICIALCallanetics